Monday, August 15, 2011

Everyday Tow Hero In SC

Here's the story:

Spartanburg, SC -- A tow truck driver and a radio station can be thanked for helping officers find a 13-year-old girl from Alamance County who was reported missing two days earlier.
Alexandria Brooke Cagle was found traveling Wednesday with Tyler Ross Cole, 18, along I-85 South in Spartanburg County, SC. Authorities were looking for them after Cagle was reported missing when she left home with Cole Monday morning. Investigators said they met online a few weeks earlier and Cole drove down from West Virginia where he lives.
Tow truck driver Beano Francis said he was listening to a radio station Tuesday when he heard the description of Cole's car. The next day, Francis was driving on I-85 when he saw a car matching the same description.
"Snap, soon as that car passed me, I mean he was right beside me, soon as he got beside me, I looked and I was like, that's the description. But when he passed me, and I saw West Virginia license plates, I thought this could be what I heard yesterday," Francis explained.
He continued to follow the car while he called deputies.
"I felt sure that was it. I would have followed him to Kalamazoo til they got there," said Francis, who wasn't suppose to be taking the trip on I-85 Wednesday, but he was filling in for someone else.
Cole is facing charges of felony kidnapping, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and felonious larceny. 

No comments: